Monday, May 25, 2009

Yoga Journey

I am Natasha Simplicio, I was born and raised in India before I moved to the U.S, 2 yrs back. I live in Oregon with my husband and my 7 month old son.
I am starting this blog to share my Yoga with everyone. I have been doing and teaching Yoga for more than 10 yrs and now I can't imagine my life without it. Yoga has given me everything that I need to stay healthy and happy. It is the treasure that I have found and I want to share it with every one. Yoga is for everyone. Depending on your level of comfort and flexibility, there is something for everyone. My Yoga is traditional and follow one rule more than any other " Sthirim sukham asanam", which means steady and comfortable pose.

The pose that I want to share today is Downward facing dog (Janushirasan)


Initial position - Sit down with knees touching the floor, toes tucked in and your palms on the floor. 1)Inhale and lift you hips and straighten your arms and legs.
2) Push your heels toward the floor so that your feet are flat on the ground.
3) Bring your chin close to your chest as if you are trying to look at your navel.
4) Breathe normally.
Benefits- It stretches calves, hamstring, glutes , lower back shoulder, neck and arms.
It is good for people who have sedentary lifestyle or desk job. It stretches the neck with the help of the weight of your head that gives it maximum and optimum pull. This pose is recommended to prevent and cure stiff neck that can be a result of staring at the computer or stress.
Holding the pose- Your breathing should be normal and rhythmic.
Beginners - hold for 30 secs
Experienced- Between 1- 5 mins
Releasing the pose - Exhale and come back to initial position and relax.
Note : Check with your doctor before starting Yoga if you have health issues. Stop immediately if you feel light headed. Never do Yoga within 3 hrs of eating.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog, where do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect combination of patience and discipline..she is the best..highly recommended

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you explain the yoga postures. I would love to learn from you. How can one contact you?

    ReplyDelete